Tiny Tuesday: Tresemme Leave-In Conditioning Spray


RRP: $11.95
Size: 295ml

The TRESemme Split Remedy Leave-In Conditioning Spray is the first product on my hit list in my conquest to healthier looking hair. This product is supposed to prepare the hair for easier styling, reduce upto 80% of split ends - leaving hair more manageable, smoother, silkier and shinier. The bottle suggests to spray the product throughout damp hair and then run a comb or your fingers through to distribute the product evenly and style as usual. 

To give a bit of context, my hair doesn't get tangly, knotty and I hardly ever need to brush it. Split ends aren't really a concern for me either - I honestly don't really pay attention them. I do get them but I guess not a lot compared to the average lady. What I am super concerned with is how dry my hair is, the texture and the frizzzzz. I just want super smooth, silky Pantene hair (if that does exist). So keep in mind I'm basing this review on my expectation of "more manageable, smoother, silkier and shinier hair" as the other parts aren't a concern for me.

The minuses:
First and foremost, I don't think this product works for me. I think the pictures speak for themselves in that there are minimal differences in the product vs no product. The side where product is applied, it looks slightly more tamer and a little bit straighter but unfortunately that's where it ends. It didn't leave my hair feeling more manageable, smoother, silkier or shinier which is a little disappointing cos I was expecting at least 1 of those things. The formula is a little on the thick side as well. Because of this, it doesn't distribute well with it's nozzle so instead I spray it into my hands and run it through my hair that way. 

The pluses:
Regardless of it's overall performance I can see some shining light and why some people like it. The formula is really lightweight - it doesn't weight it down, and feels exactly the same to my hair with no product applied! The scent is nice as well, smelling like the typical TRESemme fragrance. What attracted to me most about it is that it's affordable pricepoint. At 50% off at Priceline, this costed me a mere $4.99. 


















To ponder:
My last haircut was probably in mid December and I can't find any split ends. Not sure if it's the product or that's the way my hair usually is. 

Overall: 
It just wasn't for me. Sorry TRESemme.

The Rating: 
1/5

3 comments:

  1. Too bad this product was a miss! At least it didnt cost too much so it minimizes the pocket damage for a useless product. I actually dont think your hair has that much frizz after the wash and blow drying. It looks good to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sucks the product doesn't work for you! tresemme usually are really good with their products! im a big fan of their heat protectant spray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this and love it! I picked it up at Sam's warehouse lol http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete