Tiny Tuesdays: L'oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 Masque

Each time I buy masks, I always have high expectations for all the magic that'll go down when I apply them, complete with that 'ad-worthy' hair flick after I finish blowdrying and styling. I picked up this L'oreal Elvive Total Repair 5 Masque mainly because the formula claims to have 5 proven results: "Restored, Stronger, Vitality, Silky to Touch, Healthy Shine" 



Size: 300mL // RRP: $9.95

To provide a little background and reference, this is a mask that is supposed to be used on "damp-hair" and to me that means on hair that has been half dried.  For most of my experiences with this product, I have been using it after shampoo in the shower, where my hair is obviously still more on the wet side, even after squeezing as much water out of it as possible.  

It is what it is:
The mask is housed in a standard 300mL tub, with a lid that locks into place at the final turn. This is a little difficult to achieve in the shower when your hands are a little slippery but it's not such a deal breaker :) In terms of scent, the product itself doesn't smell amazing to the point where I should give it a special mention- it just smells like a standard hair conditioner.  

The Minuses:
The outside of the mask tells me it's everything that I need to restore my hair back to its optimum health, however the product inside was a little disappointing.  When I applied this on damp hair, the results that I get from the mask are relatively similar to if I applied this mask after shampoo in the shower.  What's a little weird was that when you rinse this mask off, you don't get that slippery-conditioner residue you get on your hair with most conditioner/masks; when you wash it off, it just feels as though you were washing off shampoo.


The Overalls:
It could be that I started off with high hopes with this product, and it just didn't live up to its expectations, but I probably wouldn't purchase this mask next time around.  It is just average for a hair mask, and for the RRP, there was definitely no bang for my buck there.

Personally, the idea of a hair mask equates to a quick fix to damaged hair in a short amount of time, which is why the application onto 'damp hair' for optimum results is a little tedious if you ask me. Not to mention that after a hair shower I want my hair to be dried asap, not to prolong the wet-hair-time.  

All in all, considering the overall short term and long term feel, texture and condition of my hair after drying, I don't think this mask worked out for me. 

The Rating:
2.5/5

9 comments:

  1. That's sad to hear that the mask was disappointing! I find that the Elvive line does't work for me at all. I tried their shampoo and conditioner awhile ago and it made my hair very limp and straw-like.

    I've been using the Kao Essential's Rich Premier Ultra Honey hair mask for years now and I love it! Not only does it work, it also smells nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After trying this mask, I'm not sure if I will try anything else from the Elvive line- although I have heard that the oil was really good...
      I have tried out the Kao Essentials hair mask as well! It's great but I do wanna find something that's more accessible here for us in Aus! xx

      Delete
  2. I've been using this one for the past few weeks as well, and would have to agree with you on the most part. I like it, but it's really nothing outstanding. I will use up the whole (rather huge) tub though!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just wanna use up the tub and get it over with haha it's honestly not really not doing anything for my hair though!

      Delete
  3. I've been using Elvive's shampoo, it was pretty average....I find most hair repair products to be pretty average actually. I would probably recommend loccitane's hair mask :) you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine Loccitane's hair mask to be really $$, I'm too scared to get too hooked on it and nothing else from the drugstore would compare! xx

      Delete
  4. Shame it didn't live up to your expectations! I experience the same with a lot of hair masks, my hair doesn't feel much different as if I've just put conditioner and not a 'mask'.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hope for finding a great but affordable hair mask has slowly declined over the years lol hopefully we all find something amazing soon xx

      Delete