Bottom of the Barrel 004

trilogy, rosehip oil, rosapene night cream, palmolive body butter, strawberry smoother, john frieda, shampoo, original source, handwash, vanilla and raspberry, rohto eye drops, lycee, dusk, candle, aromatherapy, tangerine, lime, shiseido, tsubaki, shampoo, empties, twoplicates, review, blog

SO. It's been a hell of a while since we've posted, and empties have been piling up like crazy so here's the first instalment of the collective empties (or bottom of the barrels, as we call it). 

trilogy, rosehip oil, rosapene night cream, empties, twoplicates, review, blog

Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant +
This is a staple for me. This works great as a night time oil as it does take a while for it to sink into the skin, so you can be sure it keeps your skin moisturised throughout your beauty sleep. In the morning, I still use this on top of moisturiser, but only about 2 drops because no one has the time in the morning to wait for the oil to sink in but I also can't skip cos the oil does help the makeup apply smoother on my skin :) Long term benefits; I think this has made my skin a lot smoother in terms of texture, and does help blemishes clear away a teensy bit faster.  If you have dry skin/flakey patches, maybe give this a go :)
Repurchase: Already have!

Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream 
I'm finding it real hard these days to find a night cream that ticks my boxes, but while using this, I was pretty pleased with it. The texture is on the thicker side, but doesn't have that overly greasy finish that some night creams have that make you look like an oil slick. The scent does smell slightly herbally, but it does fade away pretty fast. Bottom line is that it's a great moisturising cream that does what it's supposed to do, leaving your skin nice and supple the next morning. Major drawback is that it's a little exxy for my liking- 60ml for $44.99. 
Repurchase: Not for now.

palmolive body butter, strawberry smoother, john frieda, shampoo, original source, handwash, vanilla and raspberry, rohto eye drops, lycee, dusk, candle, aromatherapy, tangerine, lime, shiseido, tsubaki, shampoo, empties, twoplicates, review, blog

Palmolive Body Butter in Strawberry Smoother
This smells like strawberries and cream much like the handwash below haha (do you see a pattern?). It wasn't exfoliating at all, like the grainy bits weren't dense at all but the highlight of this product was the scent. Makes both you and the whole shower smell super nice and fresh. Previously mentioned in a bath and body edit which you can read here.
Repurchase: perhaps in another scent :)

Original Source Moisturising Handwash in Vanilla and Raspberry
First Original Source product ever haha. Got this on a whim and it's really nice! Smells like strawberries and cream when you pump it out but sadly the scent doesn't linger. It does its job, but I didn't find it particularly moisturising or too drying so it was a meh handwash.  On the upside, it is vegan and the scent is totally worth the repurchase haha 
Repurchase: Maybe in the future 

Rohto Lycee Eye Drops
Got these thanks to stylesuzi. These are seriously so refreshing, it's like the minty gum feeling equivalent but in your eyes lol. I picked this up in Japan last year, but wasn't able to read if you could use this with contacts in or not, but to be safe I only used it when I didn't have contacts in. 
Repurchase: yassss- when I can find it lol

original source, handwash, vanilla and raspberry, rohto eye drops, lycee, dusk, candle, aromatherapy, tangerine, lime, empties, twoplicates, review, blog

Dusk Aromatherapy Candle in Awakening: tangerine & lime
I personally cannot justify buying expensive candles that are very hit and miss with the scent throw, so Dusk is generally my go to place for affordable candles.  I really enjoyed the fresh scent of this, although I don't think it was particularly "awakening".  It did make my room smell nice and I looked forward to lighting it during miserable rainy days :)
Repurchase: can't, was part of the limited edition range :(

john frieda, shampoo, shiseido, tsubaki, shampoo, empties, twoplicates, review, blog

John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo
Second tube of this, loving it still. The scent is really pleasant, somewhat familiar, but I can't seem to put my finger on it. This lathers up pretty well, even on greasy hair. In terms of "restores body to breakage-prone hair", I didn't see any difference. Someone pointed out to me that I don't have many split ends considering it's been aaaages since my last haircut, so I gotta give this some credit because this was the only thing I was using for the longest amount of time, without any conditioners/masks AND I always blowdry my hair until its about 70% dry. Oh, and this does leave your hair smelling nice, does linger for a good day or so :D 
Repurchase: Will return back to this once I'm done with the loads of shampoo I got piling up.

Shiseido Tsubaki Damage Care Shampoo
Picked this up in HK/SG last year, this was something I always saw on Sasa, but never got around to trying out. To be honest there wasn't anything special about this; just an average shampoo. Not sure if I had higher hopes in my head because it was by *shiseido* and was disappointed, or if it just didn't impress me at all. It was decent, but nothing that would make me pick it up again.
Repurchase: nahh

This is it for the first instalment! If you clicked on this wanting to hear thoughts on particular items that weren't mentioned in this post, sorry! But the next instalment will come soon :D 
I'm still on the hunt for a good night cream, so if anyone has tried any that was pretty good, please do share hehe

2 comments:

  1. Lychee eye drops?? That's so interesting I've never see anything like that before!

    This Damsel Loves Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They don't really smell like lychee or anything though, but definitely has the appeal that none of the drugstore eyedrops have haha

      Delete